The Search function enables instructors and learners to quickly find specific content. You can use it to:
- quickly retrieve Modules, Assessments, and other content whose location you no longer remember
- locate all the materials related to a particular topic, even if published in different Groups
- select all the content published by a specific user, like comments on the Wall or the resources added in an Open Module.
You can start using Search:
- from the My Groups page to look for content among all the Groups you are a part of;
- directly from a Group, to search specifically for content within that Group.
To search for content among all the Groups you belong to, open the sidebar from the My Groups page by clicking on the three lines in the top left.
You will find the search bar at the top of the sidebar: type a keyword related to the content you are searching for and click on the magnifying glass icon. The keyword will be tracked down in Wall posts, in Modules and Assessments, and in the comments (both on the Wall or within the Modules) of all your Groups:
PLEASE NOTE: if you want to restrict the search to a specific Group, click on the three lines in the top left from any section of that Group then type in the keyword in the bar at the top of the sidebar.
To get more precise results, you can choose to filter the search by:
- Type: enables you to filter against the category of content you are searching for (an Assessment, a Wall post, or a Module). You can select more content categories in each research
- Group: enables you to filter by Groups. This means that among the research results you will only find content posted within the Groups you’ve selected
- User: enables you to filter against a single user; this means that among the research results you will only get content posted by that user. Select the user’s name from the dropdown menu
You can apply different filters, below the search bar and select the filters that you want to apply to the drop-down menu. To remove all applied filters you can click Remove filters with the dropdown menus: