You can search and share Youtube videos directly on your Resource Lessons.
This guide will cover the following:
Add YouTube videos to a Lesson
Youtube is a very useful resource for finding educational videos you can use to add to and compliment your lessons. You can create a Lesson (find out how to create a Lesson here), and attach YouTube videos to that Lesson.
You can easily search or insert a URL of the Youtube to the Lesson following these simple steps:
- Go to the resource Lesson from the main navigation menu on the top of your WeSchool page and select NEW to add new resources. Select Youtube:
- You can either search for the video as you would on Youtube or add the URL directly, click on the magnifying glass to see the results.
- Once you see the video you want to add, click on the video and you will see two options, PREVIEW or ADD. PREVIEW will bring you to the Youtube page so you can confirm that’s the video you want to add or if you’re confident about it’s the correct video you can select ADD.
- Once added everyone from your Group - students and teachers - see the video on the Lesson.
NOTE: you can also insert Youtube videos that you made or your students. For example, if you record videos for asynchronous lessons and want to keep these videos in private and only viable by your students. You can upload your videos to Youtube as UNLISTED which means the video is not searchable by the public on Youtube and can only be accessed via the link. You can copy and paste the link on the WeSchool Lesson.
Create Video Quizzes with Youtube videos
- Select QUIZZES from the main Menu. You can create either an Exercise or a Test. The process is the same for both.
- Click on NEW, select either an EXERCISE or TEST and give it a title and select when you’re done. Check out this Video Tutorial.
- Select VIDEO QUESTION and CHOOSE A VIDEO. You will be prompted with the same search bar shown above.
- Once you selected the correct video, click PLAY to play the video. Select ADD A QUESTION to add a question at a section of the Youtube video.
- You have the option to select: TRUE OR FALSE, SHORT ANSWER, OPEN ANSWER and MULTIPLE CHOICE questions. Also there’s an option to CHOOSE A DIFFERENT VIDEO too.
- Once you have added all the questions to the video, don’t forget to to click SAVE. You can add as many questions as you like.
After the questions are saved remember to click PUBLISH so the exercise and test become visible to your students.
NOTE: You can choose between four different types of questions. True or False, Short Answer, and Multiple Choice are self-correcting and require you to enter the correct answers. Open Question, on the other hand, requires you to review and manually correct.