From a WeSchool Module you can work with Google Docs and collaborate online with your learners for writing out a text. For example, you can add corrections to a Google Doc written by a pupil or allow more learners to write a report for a research paper together directly from the WeSchool Class Group.
To share a Google Docs file to a WeSchool Module and take advantage of all the functions for group and collaborative activities, proceed as follows:
- Log in to your Google Doc and click on the "Share" button in the top right:
- This window will open; click on the drop-down menu at the bottom left on the item "Restricted" to change the file sharing settings:
- Open the drop-down menu in the bottom left of the window and select the option “Anyone with the link”:
PLEASE NOTE: If your class has Google Workspace for Education, you can allow access only to those with school accounts. That way learners will be able to access it only through the account provided by the school.
- From the same window, open the drop-down menu in the bottom right and select the option Editor:
PLEASE NOTE: If you wish to prevent your learners from editing the Google Docs file, you can select the option "Viewer" from the drop-down menu.
- Once the sharing settings have been edited, you can copy the link to your Google Doc and add it to the Module. To do this, click on “Copy link” from the same screen:
- Now log in to WeSchool and go to the Modules section; click “Add content” and then select the option Google Doc:
- Paste your Google Doc link in the URL bar and select “Preview”:
- Click “Attach” to insert your Google Doc into the Module:
Now all Class Group members – learners and instructors – can access the Google Doc from the Module and work together directly from WeSchool.